As part of its overall business strategy, the transport company has initiated a strategic project focusing on creating a solid and structured data and analysis foundation to support future decisions.
The aim of the project is to:
- Map the business needs and requirements of a data repository that can be used to receive, store, transport and display data related to the punctuality of transport.
- Describe possible IT system solutions that can be used to meet business needs and requirements.
- Recommend an IT system solution, including preparing a business case and describing a roadmap for implementation.
Quorum assisted with preparing a thorough and structured analysis of the following elements:
- A mapping of the current business use of data as well as underlying data processing, data storage and essential registration processes.
- Thorough market analysis and identification of important criteria, against which potential solutions and technologies are assessed.
- Outlining possible solutions and scenarios.
- Preparation of RFI and proposals for a solution description from 3 suppliers.
- Resolution proposal with a preferred solution for the steering committee.
As a result of the process, the project owner was able to present a detailed presentation describing the current solution with a current and future data structure, specific proposal for a solution architecture, and implementation plan.
The transport company has gained deep insight into business and technical solutions that can ensure that their future needs and requirements for a data can be solved, which is an important element of their strategy surrounding “Punctuality and traffic information”.
Proposals for solution design and structure takes into account future integration with a larger nationwide digital signal system.
The results have been achieved through Quorum’s insight and approach to a structured and effective process. The project has been conducted over a period of 3 months.